Product Development Technologist Liquids Milk
||Independent Recruiters Groep
||maandag 18 november 2019
We are looking for a Product Development Technologist in Utrecht! The Product Development Technologist is responsible for developping new liquid milk formulas for the youngest among us! Are you THE specialist who will join our innovative Product Development Liquid Milks? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application.
The main goal of the role is to to design, formulate and develop new liquid milk products for infants. You will be focusing on recipe development and participating in innovation projects.
Your responsibilities include:
- Participation in new product development projects in multidisciplinary teams with Product Development project leaders, process technologists and colleagues from operations, marketing and quality.
- This involves the design and development of multiple ready-to-drink recipes in compliance with the new EU Directive on Infant and Follow-On Formulae. Special focus will be on the Tailored Nutrition range.
- Design and formulate nutritional compositions and hands-on developing these formulations via laboratory, pilot- and factory trials to final recipes to be manufactured in our factories.
- Prepare official Product Development documents, and monitor and evaluate first commercial productions.
- Ensure that the products comply with nutritional, sensory, physical and chemical requirements and fulfil the needs of the business and consumer.
- Set-up the shelf life study protocol, perform and follow-up shelf life results on trials and final products and take appropriate actions when required.
- The main location is Utrecht with expected travels to factory sites in Europe.
- Master's (or higher) in Food Technology/Biotechnology or similar.
- Knowledge on liquid process (UHT) is an advantage.
- Experience with formulating tools in complex recipe formulations.
- At least 2 years of experience in a food company, preferably in international environment.
- Experience in project management.
- Fluency in English (French is beneficial).
- Proactive, flexible, rigorous, result driven and open minded.
- Exposure to industrial environment is a plus.
This state of the art research center is located in Utrecht and is a global market leader wihtin the life science production.
The initial contract will be for a year but with the intent to converted into a permanent contract (based on performance) .
Salary indication depends on education and previous experience but varies between €3000-4800,- gross per month. Do you prefer to fill this role as a freelancer? Feel free to get in touch and discuss the details!