Packaging Specification Technologist
||Independent Recruiters Groep
||vrijdag 6 september 2019
WANTED: Packaging Specifications Technologist for a world leader in the food industry in Utrecht. Are you an experienced in Packaging Specifications and do you have what it takes to further develop packaging specifications?
Then this might be an opportunity for you!
The company is is providing healthy and cost-effective nutrition to millions of babies and toddlers each day. It's a wonderful privilege and, at the same time, a huge responsibility that depends on the expert sourcing of a wide range of raw ingredients. To ensure our ongoing success in this area, we currently seek candidates with advanced specifications experience and knowledge to apply for the important role of Specification Technologist.
You will manage the specifications part of the packaging material portfolio globally. You are accountable to ensure full food safety and regulatory compliance of the Packaging materials worldwide to ensure highest quality standards of finished products for sensitive customers. Your role represents a unique opportunity to combine technical expertise, global vision and business acumen within a very challenging but inspiring category.
Central to this opportunity, your role is to cooperate closely with other departments and stakeholders including R&D, Product, Quality and Purchasing.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Drive specification upgrading process: functional specification, supplier SPC (tolerances), new regulatory global requirements, safety risks anticipation.
- Identify opportunities for specification improvement, efficiency, complexity reduction, security of supply and translate those into concrete harmonization projects across factories and suppliers.
- Achieve first time right/quality by design for any pack specification change introduced across whole value chain by executing robust specification management processes.
We are looking for candidates with strong packaging expertise who fulfill the following criteria:
- A Master's or Bachelor's degree in an area such as Material Science, Packaging, Food Science/Technology or related;
- Minimum of 2 years of Packaging Development expertise with a strong focus on food products;
- Able to impact and influence stakeholders in a non-hierarchical, cross functional and highly international environment;
- Strong interest in Food Safety element of packaging materials;
- Resilient personality with a strong can-do mentality;
- Continuous improvement mind set;
- Ability to design, align and implement new processes+
- At least some years of strong knowhow in one packaging category: raw materials, pack conversion processes/technologies, pack testing through supply chain, pack cost drivers, regulations etc.
This international company is a global market leader within the FMCG industry and works daily with the latest technology trends and developmentsw within a state of the art area. Your office is located in Utrecht.
Initially this is a 1 year contract with the aim of expanding. Your salary varies, depending on education and previous work experience, and is between €3000 and €4000 gross monthly.